Saturday, March 28, 2009

Car experts please help me out!?

I have a 2000 mazda protege. I have been getting AWFUL gas mileage and my check engine light is on so my boyfriend popped the hood. There is this tube thing that has a huge whole in it. We don%26#039;t know what it%26#039;s called or anything and auto zone looked at it and said it%26#039;s a dealer only part and is very pricey I was too stupid to ask the guy what it was called (I know dumbass). It%26#039;s a semi-large black tube that leads to my air filter, my boyfriend said he thinks it%26#039;s called the air intake but isn%26#039;t sure because he knows nothing about newer or foreign cars. I need to know so I can order a new one. CAN ANYONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT THIS THING IS CALLED?
Car experts please help me out!?
Your maf housing and air intake hose are there. neither are that expensive. And if you dont want to replace, just tape up. Its not a high pressure hose and tape should hold fine.
Car experts please help me out!?
the way your describing it, it sounds like the air duct for the throttle body. until you can get another 1, try wraping it with duct tape, that way it cant draw in too much air.

No comments:

Post a Comment